Meets 1st Tuesday of each month.
Why attend a brain injury support group?
* Emotional healing comes through interpersonal contact
* Sharing of similar experiences helps members feel less isolated and more empowered to deal with daily challenges
* Encouragement comes from learning about the achievements of others who have overcome similar difficulties
* In contributing, members feel useful and the experience gives meaning to their lives
* Education results from the exchange of information and personal experiences
* Enhances interpersonal skills
* Socializing establishes and teaches the importance of maintaining important connections
* Self-expression – as emotions are experienced and released, creates a greater understanding of oneself and one’s capabilities can be better accessed
* Involves confidence building
* A supportive and non-judgmental environment allows for honest self-expression and better interpersonal communication
*A sense of growth occurs
* Long-term members see new participants and reminisce about where they began and how far they have come in their personal journey.
* Gray Matters Support Groups are uplifting and FUN!